AdSense Page Ads

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Enough




I had a moment today. A pic of me and my ex-bf flashed on my Facebook memories. The sun was shining, we were smiling, the love between us was so strong that two years later I can still see it in the photo.

And that's the hardest part of this journey. Love should be a cure-all. It should be enough to overcome all obstacles. It should be sufficient to buy my happily ever after.

But it wasn't.

People don't change just because of love. No matter how many times Hollywood and NY Times book best seller told you so, people are inherently selfish and they won't change unless they decided they would.

I am trying to relearn this. I am trying to relearn that sometimes things end because it needs to die. That it wasn't "not enough love" but just wasn't the right currency. That people have different comfort zone and ours just didn't met.

This is not about him. This is about me relearning and accepting love. I thought if I have someone who are equally receptive it will be enough. That they will move the world for my love. It is not. Love is only a mean to happiness, not happiness itself.

And you know what? It's ok. We're only human after all. I am not lesser because of it, nor is he weaker for not meeting me where I need him to be. Sometimes, well most of the times, love is not enough. And it's 100% ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog