AdSense Page Ads

Thursday, June 25, 2020

7 Years and Counting



Dear America,

Thank you for letting me find my voice
Thank you for giving me a chance to find who I am
Thank you for allowing me to grow
I have blossomed like a patch of wild poppies
Simple and bright, and thriving in your land

Thank you for the equality you've shown me
Thank you for the safe feeling you've given me
Thank you for making me feel more human 
It is not perfect, I know
But it's much, much more than anywhere else

Thank you for the shoulders to cry on
Thank you for the dicks to ride on
Thank you for the friendship and love that cannot be replaced
I came here as a lost child
And now I have found my home

I await for the time where I can again stand in awe
When the Star Spangled Banner is sung again
Tears in my eyes, joy in my heart
For a country that has given me so much
For the people who make this country so great

Thank you for everything, America.
7 years and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog