AdSense Page Ads

Monday, December 31, 2018

The Gamer Cat



This. This is the face that made me realize why I am spending holidays by myself, utterly and totally single, and why it is absolutely worth it. 

This is the face of a person who, by combination of sheer luck and a good play of hand, manage to make 4 highly competitive and extremely skilled players scramble to attack and prevent me from winning. In another game I pushed boundaries just to see how far I could go. That's just who I am. 

I am not playing to win. I am playing to test myself, to see how far I can proceed and how quickly I can adapt to and master my pieces. I am also playing to see how much I can affect the people around me with my moves, and consequently predict theirs. No wonder I am single. 

To be with me means to be constantly challenged, to be always on the race, to take beating on your pride but learn from it and come back stronger. All while being spoiled and pampered by me, showered with love and affection because I am a naturally loving person. 

I do not envy my exes, and I am glad they got away. Let's put it this way: with how I show my true color during board games, the group probably gives the "Our deepest condolences" look to anyone I introduce as my significant other. 

Should I change myself just a bit? Just enough so I can get someone and stop whining about being lonely? I shouldn't. I couldn't. I am most alive with challenges and adventures. 

I want to spend my time with someone who challenge my soul, my mind, and my body, someone who gives me the same exhilaration as a 6+ hours space opera board game. 

It gets lonely when you have standard, but I can't lie to myself anymore. I am a smug, spoiled kitty cat and I know it. It's ok, though. I like myself better now than I've ever been. I'm going to be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog