AdSense Page Ads

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Goldilocks



And I found myself chasing dream again
Looking at the windows
Knocking on doors
Letting myself in uninvited

Somewhere out there I will find the perfect fit
A delicious experience
A comfortable cuddle place
A place to rest my wandering soul

But I took what little deliciousness they can offer
And they will not offer me any more
I broke the chair that couldn't hold me
I was thrown from my sleepy nest

And the anger was unchecked
Rage against my insubordination
Fury for my daringness
And off I went running once more

I keep telling myself after houses are bad
The promise of forever is a poisonous treat
Walk away Goldilocks, walk away
Keep your little feet on the road

Yet once or twice I will look at the window again
At the warm fire dancing in the hearth
Of the comforting blanket and loving gaze
Of having something to call my own

Not right now, Goldilocks. Not right now.
Let your golden flocks bounced in the wind
Let the birds sang with you and the grass whistle
Let the wolves keep you warm under the ancient oak tree

My pretty dress is tattered and the dirt colored it
The calluses grow thick and the eyes grow dark
The loving girl was gone and the wild woman is born
Only the golden flocks stay

Sad Goldilocks, lonely Goldilocks, precious little princess
Looking for a home that's not for her
A dream that's a mere illusion
A love that's unattainable

Your deliciousness will flow freely, Goldilocks
As freely as the love you give the world
Your seat will be stronger than you are and twice as large
Your bed will be soft and inviting and perfectly yours

Until then, Goldilocks, stay true
To the lull of the forest and the song of life
To the things that love you like no other
And put your happiness above all

Kind Goldilocks, brave Goldilocks, priceless little queen
You will find your castle soon. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog