AdSense Page Ads

Monday, January 28, 2019

1 PM Drunk with Wine



1 pm drunk with wine
Just one red but ooh there's white
Nope red tastes better
Holy F I may had had too much

So this is what life is
Sunday brunch with little bites
Casual chat and fancy chandeliers
Arias and music serenading me

How far have I gone?
A thousand miles and more
A river of tears and more
A million heartbreak and more

You told me you understand
In the darkness of night on the I-10
Of my traumas and fear and monsters
You told me it's okay

The many times I descend into darkness
The countless ways I went insane
The bottomless pit that swallows me whole
The constant fear of pain and abandonment

But there's you telling me it is okay
And my bestie shielding me tight
There are people trusting me, giving me strength
And the good life that's giving me wings

1 pm drunk with wine 
Shots of ceviche and fancy French toast
Life is sad but it's also good
I am alive. So damn alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog