AdSense Page Ads

Friday, May 20, 2022

Magic The Gathering "Chef's Surprise"



I found this when looking for MTG recipes, which to my dismay there are barely any.

The original recipes and methods is as follow, but I beg you to not use the seasoning in the recipe. When followed to a T, the flavor and texture are a disaster.


Lips:
instead prep and season the chicken thighs with salt pepper and paprika, before giving it a quick sear. Chicken thighs is crucial since it will give the lips-like appearance and because it can withstand the extended cooking time. 

Flesh:
I use meatloaf mix and meatloaf recipe, using GF ketchup and GF bread crumbs.


Teeth:
Anything that can withstand long cooking time like daikon or apple is good to go. The point is to create a dent that you can fill with new sets of teeth. I ended up not substituting them with fresh teeth because I am out of time. 

Pincher:
Get cheap crab from Asian store. You just need 1, maybe 2 legs. I found a box of frozen crab for $8.99 at a Korean supermarket and was happy with it. No need to invest in expensive crab legs unless you will eat the rest, plus you don't want the pincher size to be disproportionate with your roasted beast. Cook the leg(s) and attached separately.

Decor:
- Rockit/mini snack apples
- seedless grapes
- lettuce

Cooking pro tip:
When shaping, put enough meat mix to the thighs to keep them attached to the main 'loaf'. Tie the whole thing with twine if needed. Toothpick/skewer does not work.

I baked it in a foil-lined rectangular pyrex. Loosely wrapped foil will help maintaining the shape. I drained the juice twice: once when I basted it with sauce and once after cooking. The foil makes it easy to slide to the serving station.

Good luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog