AdSense Page Ads

Friday, May 20, 2022

Star Wars x MTG x Florida



My boyfriend wanted to have a small gathering for his birthday. Nothing special. We picked two meals from Star Wars cook book: Endorian Tip-Yip and Ronto Wrap. Those are the meals we always get when we go to Galaxy's Edge.

Did I say he said nothing special? Of course I get extra.

1 set of Endorian Tip-Yip (Buttermilk chicken with mashed potatoes and herb/olive oil dressing)
1 set of Vegan Endorian Tip Yip 
1 set of Ronto Wrap (pita with sliced roast pork, sausage, spicy slaw, and mayo peppercorn sauce)
1 set of Vegan Ronto Wrap
2 pitchers of Tattoine Sunset 
1 Key Lime Pie (non gluten free)
1 GF key lime pie
1 vegan key lime pie
1 MTG Roasted Beast (meatloaf with chicken thighs)
Homemade salsa
Mini corndogs 

In total I made 19 different things including the condiments. 22 if we calculate the spam musubi+tofu musubi I made for our lunch and the dutch baby I made for our breakfast the day of. All the party dishes, in exception to 1 pie, is gluten free.

I was in the kitchen from 10 am to 2.30 am with mini breaks in between, and pretty much from 7 to 1 the next day. My feet hurt so much from standing. But the faces I saw when I dramatically (of course) unveiled the meal was so worth it. 

His face alone made it all worth it. The feet massages I got later that night made it all worth it. How people brought home the leftovers because they really liked it made it all worth it. The way everyone offered to help clean up and how I got sternly told to sit down and not do anything made it all worth it.

I know I am bragging right now. I know I am flexing hard. I also know I needed this win. I need to know the extent I can go when receiving the right support and encouragement. It apparently really is "to infinity and beyond". 

As a famous captain once said: "I can do this all day". I can and I will. Down to the meticulous planning weeks ahead. Down to hunting servingwares and designing little name stands. Down to researching recipes in the corner of the internet. Down to battle plans including staggering deliveries and playing Tetris with space in the refrigerator, the dishwasher, and the counter space.

Because it's worth it. Their happiness and appreciation made it worth it. In return, it gives me pride and joy to know just how far I can go. And damn did I go all the way.

Thank you for trusting me, love. Thank you for letting me use the blender until 11+ at night even though you are dead tired. Thank you for understanding that I needed this and giving me a chance to prove myself. Thank you for believing in me. It has been a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog