AdSense Page Ads

Friday, November 12, 2021

Broken Wings



How many times can wings be broken?
How many times the feather strewn
The bones shattered and poked out from the skin
How many times I can see the ground
Speeding swiftly before my eyes
The sharp intake of breath I take
Knowing the impact is near
The sound of my body on the earth
And broken wings yet again
How many times for real
Apparently the answer is "not enough"
As I stood on the cliff once again
The tears not even dried yet
The bones not even healed yet
The wings are all crooked and weird
But the smile, the goddamn smile
Here is the world and the world is mine
Even if I fall yet again the flight is worth it
Because human is the most beautiful thing
The earth has ever seen
And I'll fly over and over again
I'll crash over and over again
Just to experience what it's like to be human
To see how beautiful they truly are
Wings outstretched
Arms open wide
The crown stays on
Let me fly again.
.
.
.
.
.
#poem #poetry #movingon #adulting #retrospection #leapoffaith #blackcatwanders

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog