AdSense Page Ads

Monday, September 19, 2022

Bridges



I wrote "Witch Fire" a year ago. It was a heart-wrenching piece of what happened when I tried to set boundaries. That's when I started to burn bridges or actively avoid them, because I finally learned to put myself first.

The backlash was intense. I questioned myself. I cried. I almost begged for forgiveness. I was lonely and crushed. I, however, stick to my decisions. My feelings were valid, and I refused to bow down.

It felt like finding myself in a dark street without any light, with only my stubborn pride leading the way. Yet there was help. The comment on the post. My other friends with shoulders to cry on and ears to listen. Hugs and laughter when I needed them the most.

Last week things turned out really bad for me. I still receive the support from my old friends, and also from new ones that I chance-meet because of the path I take from avoiding the bridges, burned or not. A lengthy phone call. Flowers. Hugs and assurance, all of the hugs and assurance.

I found a phrase on Reddit "May the bridges you burn light the way". And oh how bright those bridges burn. Bright enough to see the loving faces around me and to find the path I want to be on. Bright enough to shape my soul.

I am still grieving but I will be better. I am blessed. I am loved. I am grateful.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog