AdSense Page Ads

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Grief



Today I grieved. Again.
It is so exhausting, isn't it?
The crashing waves that shook your boat
Just when you think the sea is calm
The journey is good
And you are safe
But oh no here comes the wave
Salt water on your wound
Cold and soaked through your bone
Unspeakable pieces of, uh, something?
You wanted to cry
You thought you did so well
You have been brave
You did your best
And the wave just crashing down
What a loser I am
Crying over a wave of grief
I wasn't taught to be weak
Nor does the grief deserving my attention
I should do better
But what if, what if
What if me crying is not a sign of weakness
It's a sign of strength
Of how deeply I love
How strongly I care
What if I didn't cry for inconvenience of the present
But for what things could be
For the promise of the future
That now will never be
Sigh. This sucks.
My clothes are dry
My boat is moving
All that's left is my journey
I shall move on
The wave will come crashing again
But I will be ready
Maybe not the next one
Definitely sometime in the future
The sea is vast
My journey is long
I will keep moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog