AdSense Page Ads

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Afghanistan



I will be waiting at the shore
Where the quiet reign
And the river flow ever so gently
Beckons you to come

One by one you have come
Then in tens
Then in drove
Lost faces and anguished heart

Let your tears wet my cloth
Let my arms embrace your pain
Let yourself be released
From all your grief and your fear

The ferryman is patiently waiting
To take you to the peaceful place
He saw my worry and he gently smiles
"They will be alright."

"They will rest without fear.
They will spend time without pain.
They will no longer be unhuman.
They will know peace."

I took your callous, worry hand
Guiding you to the ferry
I kiss your cheeks and whisper a prayer
And a promise to meet you again

One by one you enter
Each more scared than the last
Unknown future, unseen worry
For fate has not been kind

But I will be there by the shore
Smiling at you
And you will see that death is kind
And calm. Very calm.

Not until your ferry is out of sight
Will I shed my tears and weep
A promise I have made for you
A promise I will keep

For your kin to be safe
For your kin to find peace
For your kin to be well
Until it's their time to go to shore

The blame game is buzzing loud
The ignorant is deafening
But all I can hear is 
The wind howling through your mountain

Peace be unto you my lost people
In the sad, in the grief, in the anguish
In the fear, in the anger, in the desperation
Peace be unto you

And I will be waiting for you
Standing with you
Loving and shielding you
Until it's time to go to shore

Peace be unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog