AdSense Page Ads

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Poppy Field



#PoppyField

Don't fall, I say, don't fall
With honeyed words
With treacherous embraces
With false hopes and promises

But what if it's all real
The soft voice that soothes
The smile filled with warmth
The hands that won't let go

Yet with a single snap it could change
The rose garden into grimy woods
The little brook into menacing river
The lush field into dead desert

But what if it will last
The poppy field that blooms
Sleep under the comfort of winter
To bloom again in the spring

The shards cut me deep
From the glass slippers I've donned
From the miles I've walked
From the self I hate

Yet here's the poppy field beckon me
And I don't want to wait anymore
I don't want to cower anymore
I can't run away anymore

It will be up in flame any minute
But maybe it wont, maybe it'll be ok
Maybe I will find what I am looking for
Hello Poppy Field, how are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog