AdSense Page Ads

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Where is Home?



On the bus again
One of the many
Shared space of strangers
Bound to go home

But where is home?
Two continents and four cities
Two countries and four states
Where do I belong?

Is it the balcony of a skyscraper
Swing dancing and excitement all night
The museums and the opera
The place where I can be me

Is it the sunny tropical paradise
Beautiful weather and delectable meals
The spirits that calls and beckon
The place where my bloodline starts 

Is it the hot dry desert in the west
Eerie quietness and no escape
The sound of the old whispering to you
The place where I was once a woman

Is it the city of sin and the gate of hell 
Where the hustle never stops
All sharp as a knife and hard as a rock
The place where I grew up

Where is home?
I am so ready to come back
To the place that welcomes me
And accept me for who I am

The sun set amongst the skyscrapers
The night has fallen again
Still I ponder in my seat
Where is home? I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog