AdSense Page Ads

Monday, April 5, 2021

Flight of The Butterfly


I forgot that you hate me

I misread your text and got happy
Maybe this breakup will end well
Maybe we don't have to be stranger
Maybe you are not as bad

But I was wrong

I am still your horrible wench
Your destroyer of happiness
I still don't deserve basic decency
I am still the unmentionable 

And I cry in my angst

Not wanting to see you in bad light
Not wanting to purge our good memories
Not wanting to be disgusted by you
Not wanting to be treated this why

So I wrote long letters

Telling you you owe me so much
That what you have right now is what we build together
Shouting what a horrible immature person you are
That I deserve to be treated better

Yet I deleted them. All of them.

Why should I care anymore?
Of how you feel? Of how you see me?
What will it do for me anyway?
I don't need you to validate me

It really doesn't matter

You are the one who choose to live
With anger and angst and loath
You are the one who choose to see
Me as enemy and not as friend

And I am just here sipping my tea

Future is bright and beautiful
Like the sunny day outside my window
Like the loving messages inside my phone
Like laugh and the smile etched on my face

The butterflies will fly again

They will die in their short life span
And new ones will emerge from the eggs
The flowers will still bloom for them
And the world will still be pretty

Let the butterflies fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog